Sunday, March 11, 2012

I made something! :-P

This project was inspired by Donna Downey.  I was suppose to take her class at CHA.  But I promised Jen that I would help her with her class.  So I just went in, looked at the project, grabbed the kit and left (yes, bad....).  So this project is very similar to hers but my own twist.  Originally, you were suppose to do the project on a canvas and attach it to a regular canvas...but the canvas was not big enough so I decided to create my project on the canvas itself.  The background was done with Faber-Castell gelatos.  I outlined the edge and used my foam brush and "water-colored" with it.  So instead of an intense color, it went lighter.  Then I put gelato on a foam stamp... tried to stamp...but failed.  (You can't stamp on canvas, the surface is not flat.)  So it wasn't a nice impression (put gelato on foam, brush some water to spread/blend ink).  Instead I drew in the image and used a water brush to create a water color effect.  Added the canvas banner and put some lace on the edge (Donna originally used register paper...but didn't want to use that).  Put some moss in the middle and a butterfly (Prima).  Thought I was done but it looked too bare so I added more Prima flowers.  Overall... I really like working with the Gelatos.  Can't wait to do more with it.

No comments: